Sunday, July 14, 2013

Roller coaster

This has quite possibly been the wildest week of my life -- and it still feels like I'm going to wake up ... or somebody is going to come and tell me that this isn't my life.

Here's the reality: College Girl is 100 percent a self-published novel. Literally two people knew about it before I pressed publish. One of those people was my husband, who was tireless (and quite grouchy) about reviewing the manuscript over and over. He's one of the two people to whom I dedicated College Girl -- because, without his support, it never would have gotten written or published.

The second person I dedicated the book to is a friend. She has literally been my cheering squad and my shoulder to lean on when things get tough. She makes me laugh when I feel like crying, and she and my husband have been the ones to say, "Keep going!" when I've felt like quitting.

I still feel like I'm strapped into a roller coaster, and I just want to thank everyone who has bought College Girl and (I hope) enjoyed Alex and Ryan's story. There is no other word for my little book making it this far: amazing.

XX
S.G.

No comments:

Post a Comment